Aquasure USA ("AQS", "we", or "us") respects the privacy rights of its customers, visitors to its website, and all other parties. AQS does business as-Aquasure USA, Aquasureusa.com.
Questions or comments regarding anything in this policy may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via toll-free phone call to (800) 661-0680, or any other methods identified in the "YOUR CHOICES AND PREFERENCES" Section below.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Collection Of Information Generally: AQS collects information that may be a factor in our customers' activities involving water filtration, marketing, and related activities.
Categories Of Information: The categories of information collected include identifiers, product choice information, internet or similar network activity, and geographic data.
Purposes Of Collecting Information: We collect this information, including any consumer information, to improve our products and services related to water filtration.
Internet Browsing Information: We may collect information regarding your browser type, the URL of the previous website you visited, your ISP, operating system, and your Internet protocol (IP) Address. The information is not used by us to personally identify you. We use analytic and reporting technologies that may record information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software, operating system types, click patterns, and the dates and times that our website and our products are accessed by you.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information, including consumer information, when you provide it to us; when you visit our website.
When you register or subscribe to our website, communicate with us, or make a purchase through our website, we will collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and other consumer personal information that we request during the registration process. AQS may input and store such information in its customer relationship management ("CRM") system. If you communicate with us regarding the website, we may collect any information that you provide to us during our communication. If you send us an e-mail or respond to a “Contact Us” or similar part of the website, we may record your e-mail address and any other information included with your message. To use several aspects of the website, you must register. Visitors may complete registration forms to be added to our distribution list(s) to receive email newsletters, third-party email advertisements, and information about our products and services. While credit card, debit card, or other payment information may pass through our systems during purchases, we do not collect or store such information.
We collect information through the use of an email marketing technology service provider, Klaviyo. Promotional emails sent by AQS are designed and maintained through the use of Klaviyo’s proprietary platform.
Klaviyo protects information by maintaining reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information. Klaviyo maintains against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, use, loss, or destruction. However, Klaviyo cannot guarantee that the safeguards they maintain will ensure the security of the personal information. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from AQS through Klaviyo by following the instructions included in the email. However, even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we retain the right to send you non-marketing communications (such as information about changes to the AQS website terms).
Klaviyo complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and/or Switzerland to the United States. Klaviyo has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles.
We collect information through Google for customer data and warranty registration purposes. Google safeguards information by using custom data centers, custom hardware, running a custom operating system and file system. Each of these systems has been optimized
for security and performance. Since Google controls the entire hardware stack, they are able to quickly respond to any threats or weaknesses that may emerge.
Google undergoes several independent third party audits on a regular basis to provide assurance for its customers, including AQS. This means that an independent auditor has examined the controls present in Google’s data centers, infrastructure and operations. Google has annual audits for the following standards:
- SSAE16 / ISAE 3402 Type II, SOC 2 detailed audit report of the SOC 2 controls and SOC 3 public audit report
- ISO 27001 one of the most widely recognized, internationally accepted independent security standards.
Google has earned ISO 27001 certification for the systems, applications, people, technology, processes and data centers serving Google Apps.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
AQS uses the information that we collect to operate our website, offers customers a variety of water filtration products and accessories. We also use information you provide to us to respond to your communications, and may add your address to an email distribution list used to announce new products, to update the status of other products. or otherwise contact you for marketing purposes.
AQS shares information with third-party service providers, such as credit card processors, auditors, attorneys, consultants, live help/chat providers, and contractors, to support the AQS website and business operations. AQS may also disclose the information as required or appropriate to protect its website, business operations, or legal rights, or in connection with a sale or merger involving its assets or businesses. AQS contractually requires that purchasers or licensees of personal information use the information only for its intended purposes, and destroy or return the information when it is no longer needed or after the governing agreement expires.
From time to time, AQS compiles online and offline transaction and registration information for internal analyses, such as market research, quality assurance, customer experience, and operational benchmarking initiatives. When necessary or appropriate, we may disclose information in response to a court order, subpoena, law enforcement proceeding, regulatory inquiry, or when otherwise legally required.
To the extent required by law, AQS will, upon your request, allow you to opt-out of AQS’s information-sharing practices. For more information, see the "YOUR CHOICES AND PREFERENCES" section below.
- NO SENSITIVE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
AQS does not attempt to collect sensitive personally identifiable information associated with individuals, such as their Social Security Numbers or dates of birth. If you believe you have transmitted such information to AQS, you may contact AQS via the methods in the "YOUR CHOICES AND PREFERENCES" section below to request that such information is deleted.
- YOUR CHOICES AND PREFERENCES
AQS respects the privacy rights and preferences of all individuals. We offer the following ways for you to exercise the privacy rights and preferences detailed in this section: You may contact us via email at email@example.com, via telephone toll-free at (800) 661-0680, or via mail at Aquasure USA., Attention: Operations, 818 N Mountain Ave #203c, Upland, CA 91786, or through any form we provide as noted in this policy.
Consumer Data Privacy Protection Laws, Including For California Residents
Certain laws protect the rights of individuals regarding their data and privacy. For instance, if you are a California consumer, you may have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"). Without conceding that the CCPA legally applies to AQS, AQS strives to fully comply with the CCPA's requirements and the spirit of laws designed to protect individual privacy. Please see Sections 2 and 3 for descriptions of the information AQS collects, including categories and specific items of information. If you are a verifiable California "consumer" under the CCPA, you may do the following:
- Opt-out of the sale of your personal consumer information by AQS, unless the continued sale is allowed by an exception in the CCPA;
- Request the following information;
- Categories of personal information AQS has collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which such information was collected;
- Categories of your personal information that AQS sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information that AQS has about you; and
- request that AQS delete or move your business personal information, although we may deny your request for deletion such a denial is legally permitted under the CCPA.
If you make requests regarding your personal consumer information under the CCPA, AQS will require that you provide proof of your identity in a manner consistent with proposed regulations regarding the CCPA. Any information you provide will only be used to fulfill your CCPA request. Identity verification may include the following
- For password-protected accounts, we will verify your identity through our existing authentication processes.
- For non-password-protected accounts, the verification procedure will depend on the nature of your request. If you request your right to know categories of personal consumer information, we will require verification of your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty, including matching at least two data points that you provide to the information we maintain. If you request your right to know specific pieces of information, we will require verification of your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty, including matching at least three data points that you provide to the information we maintain.
- Regardless of whether the request relates to a password-protected account, if you exercise your right to delete information, we require verification at the time of the request, and re-verification before any data is deleted, and we will use our discretion based on the sensitivity of the data whether to use two or three-step verification.
Additionally, you should be aware that consumers can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on a consumer's behalf.
Further Information For California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of business personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please see the "YOUR CHOICES AND PREFERENCES" section above for contact information.
Other Choices and Preferences
AQS acknowledges that you have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment due to the exercise of your privacy rights. If you exercise any rights in this section, we will not discriminate against you in any way. Further, we do not offer any financial incentives or price or service differences in exchange for the retention or sale of any business personal information of consumers.
By contacting us through one of the offered methods, you may do the following:
- opt-out of receiving promotional emails, newsletters, and other updates (please note that if you click an unsubscribe link from our website, you may continue to receive communications from our other marketing platforms;
- be excluded from our database of customer contacts
- have AQS delete or move your information;
- have AQS not disclose your information to third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes;
- have AQS provide you with information regarding your information;
- opt-out of AQS's information sharing practices;
- correct or update your consumer information;
- contact us regarding a potential data error, whereupon AQS will promptly investigate the issue, confirm the information in question, correct verified inaccuracies or delete any information if required by law, and respond to the original inquiry. However, some third parties and third-party sites may continue to display inaccurate data until their databases and display of data are refreshed following their update schedules.
We may continue to communicate with you by phone, mail, or email for transactional or service-related purposes despite your desire to not receive communications from us.
If you opt-out of receiving future communications on products or services, such changes normally will be effective with list usages beginning 10 business days after we receive your request, although in some cases it may take longer. This will not affect lists used or shared before the changes are entered. We retain the right to contact customers regarding invoices, billing, and other necessary communications about products purchased. You may opt-out of having your business personal information used for certain purposes. For example, if you purchase a product or service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you may indicate your preference on our order form.
- DATA RETENTION
We will retain your information for as long as needed to serve the purposes identified in Section 1 of this policy, entitled "INFORMATION WE COLLECT", or as long as necessary to operate our business, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information, please utilize the options available online or described above in Section 6, entitled " YOUR CHOICES AND PREFERENCES".
- DATA SECURITY
We consider protecting the security of your consumer information to be very important. AQS maintains commercially reasonable security measures to protect business personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure and that are consistent with our business operations and generally accepted industry standards. These measures include the implementation of technical, physical, and administrative security safeguards.
We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you agree that you provide this information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive information from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems. We do this in the following ways:
- Establishing policies and procedures for securely managing information;
- Limiting employee access to sensitive information;
- Protecting against unauthorized access to customer data by using data encryption, authentication, and virus detection technology, as required;
- Utilizing service providers that comply with relevant data privacy legal and regulatory requirements;
- Continually assessing our data privacy, information management, and data security practices.
Further, our website has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data under our control. When you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number on our registration or order forms, that information is encrypted using cryptographic protocols. When our website is accessed using most modern web browsers, this technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption to help ensure that data is safe, secure, and available only to you. We also implement an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications and host the website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. Finally, for accounts, we provide unique usernames and passwords that must be entered each time a customer logs on. These safeguards help to prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of data.
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your consumer personal information, we do not guarantee absolute security. We are not responsible for the unauthorized acts of others and we assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access (such as through hacking) or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
We may also use web beacons. A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than a 1×1 pixel that is placed on a web page or in an email that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Website or receiving the email.
- "DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS
AQS's website, products are for home or commercial purposes only. They are not targeted at, intended for, or expected to be of use to children under the age of 18. User-provided contributions of content or contact information regarding or about children are expressly prohibited. We will delete any information in our database that we know originates from a child under the age of 18. If you under 18, you, your parent, or your legal guardian may request that we deactivate any of your personal information in our database and/or opt-out from receiving communications from us. If you wish to do so, please contact us via telephone toll-free at (800) 661-0680, or via mail at Aquasure USA., Attention: Operations, 818 N Mountain Ave #203c, Upland, CA 91786, or through any form we provide as noted in this policy.
- CHANGES TO DATA PRIVACY PRACTICES
If we make material changes to our data privacy practices, this policy will be updated and posted on our website to keep you informed of how we collect, use, manage, disclose, and protect information. The policy effective date will be updated accordingly.
- YOUR USE OF OUR website IS CONSENT
By using our website, you hereby consent to our collection, use, management, retention, and disclosure of your information as described in this policy.
What is the purpose of this page?